Commercial transactions are laid down in commercial contracts, often with general conditions, and are governed by the law of obligations. The lawyers and civil-law notaries of PlasBossinade have a thorough knowledge and broad experience in those fields.
Doing business internationally raises a number of issues, such as:
- What is the meaning of the – mostly English – terms in an international contract?
- Which law can be best applied to this contract? Dutch law, or would it be wise to opt for the law of another country?
- Are the same rules for general conditions applicable both abroad and in the Netherlands?
- In which manner are possible disputes settled: by the judge or by means of arbitration? And in which country?
- Are European rules and/or international treaties at play that you should take into account (for example the European Regulation on Enforcement of Judgments containing rules about the competent judge, or the Vienna Sales Convention with substantive rules about international purchase agreements)?
- What about rules that ensure free competition?
Doing business internationally
Traditionally the Dutch business community has a strong international orientation. Import and export, purchase and sale, distribution, dealership, franchise, agency et cetera. Trading internationally may seem similar to doing business in the Netherlands, but quite other rules apply though. Knowledge of and experience with the legal aspects of conducting business internationally are indispensable for the avoidance of unpleasant or even harmful effects. The lawyers and civil-law notaries of PlasBossinade advise about international commercial transactions, draft international contracts or assess them and they assist clients in international disputes. This is how we can have your affairs run as smoothly as possible.
PlasBossinade has various international associations and is moreover a member of a prominent worldwide network of independent law firms: The International Lawyers Network. The firms of this network are reputable firms in their own territorial jurisdiction and offer high-value services. This means that the clients of PlasBossinade through our office have direct access to reputable and experienced local lawyers in a lot of countries.
Commercial law for foreign enterprises in the Netherlands
PlasBossinade regularly assists foreign enterprises in conducting business in the Netherlands. For example when a contract must be concluded with a Dutch trading partner, when a business location in the Netherlands must be set up or when a Dutch enterprise is being taken over.
Are you looking for a lawyer who is specialized in commercial law, law of obligations or commercial contracts? PlasBossinade has lawyers and civil-law notaries who have a thorough knowledge and broad experience in commercial law and trading contracts: they are ready to be of service to you. Do not hesitate to get in touch with us to see what we can do for you specifically.