Crossing the border, also legally
The Dutch corporate sector has always been highly internationally oriented. Import and export, distribution, dealership, franchise, agency, you name it. It may seem similar to doing business in the Netherlands, yet knowledge of and experience with the legal aspects of international business is indispensable for the prevention of unpleasant or even harmful consequences. The lawyers and civil-law notaries at PlasBossinade have that knowledge and experience in respect of international commercial law.
PlasBossinade advises about the legal aspects of international issues, draws up international contracts or assesses those contracts and assists clients in the event of an international dispute. All for the purpose of having your international affairs run as smoothly as possible.
For examples issues such as:
- What are the ins and outs with respect to an international contract?
- What is the meaning of the terms – mostly English terms - in an international contract?
- Is it possible and/or sensible to let the contract be governed by Dutch law?
- Are general conditions (or declaring them applicable) subject to the same rules in the Netherlands and abroad?
- In what manner are possible disputes settled: by the court or by means of arbitration? And where?
- Are there European rules and/or international treaties which you must take into account (for example the EEX Regulation with rules about the competent court, or the Vienna Sales Convention with substantive rules about international purchase agreements)?
- What about rules with regard to securing free competition?
PlasBossinade is member of a leading worldwide network of independent law firms: The International Lawyers Network. The offices that are member of this network are reputable offices within their own territorial jurisdiction and offer high quality services. This means that clients from PlasBossinade through our office have immediate access to respected and experienced local lawyers in a lot of countries. Also outside the cooperative framework PlasBossinade has various contacts with other foreign offices in Europe and beyond.
Foreign enterprises in the Netherlands
It is a matter of course that PlasBossinade also assists foreign enterprises with doing business in the Netherlands. For example with entering into a contract with a Dutch trade partner or setting up a branch in the Netherlands or taking over a Dutch enterprise.
Lawyers and civil-law notaries international commercial law
Are you looking for a lawyer or civil-law notary who is specialized in international commercial law? PlasBossinade has lawyers who have a lot of knowledge and experience in international commercial law: they are ready to render their services to you. Do not hesitate to get in touch with us to see what we can do for you specifically.