Martin Gans has been a lawyer for more than thirty years and has been working at PlasBossinade from 1985 onwards. He mainly engages in liability and insurance law. Since 1992 Martin Gans is a partner at PlasBossinade.
Conducting legal proceedings for companies, authorities and private persons
In his work at PlasBossinade Martin Gans mainly focuses on the litigation practice. In the field of liability law he deals, among other things, with professional liability (of, for example, accountants, medical practitioners and civil-law notaries), directors’ liability, employers’ liability, environmental impairment liability, government liability and medical disciplinary rules). In insurance cases Martin Gans conducts legal proceedings that include proceedings on policy conditions, coverage issues and the extent of the damage. Martin Gans represents companies, authorities and private persons.
- Commercial economics, Higher Education in economics and management [HEAO] Groningen (1976)
- Dutch law, Private law and Socio Economic/corporate law, University of Groningen (1981)
- Grotius post academic training, corporate and liability law
- For many years he has been a deputy judge at the Court of the Northern Netherlands (Rechtbank Noord-Nederland), Leeuwarden location
- Chairman of the Advisory Committee on notices of appeal and objection, Hanzehogeschool Groningen
- Deputy Chairman of the Dispute Committee Hanzehogeschool Groningen
- Member of the Supervisory Board of Stichting Herinneringscentrum Kamp Westerbork
- For many years he has been Chairman of the Complaints Committee at ‘s Heeren Loo
Member of the Association of Liability and Compensation Law [Vereniging voor Aansprakelijkheids- en Schadevergoedingsrecht]