In the practice group corporate law Martin Schiphorst deals with divergent matters, acting in an advisory role or looking after your interests by taking the matter to court.
Martin Schiphorst was employed in 2005 as a lawyer. Before that he has been working in a law firm on Curaçao. He specializes in corporate law and partnerships, while at the same time his activities at PlasBossinade are divergent: ranging from giving advice and negotiating on takeovers and restructurings, drafting and judging of contracts and general conditions to acting in disputes. At national and international level.
Martin Schiphorst regularly acts for parties in legal proceedings before the court, the court of appeal, the enterprise section of the Amsterdam court of appeal or in out of court settlement procedures. Whether a dispute on the demerger of an enterprise is at issue, or breach of contract, or shareholders’ disputes, Martin Schiphorst is in his element when conducting legal proceedings. He is always pragmatic though. Should there be possibilities to avoid lengthy proceedings, he shall always make a determined effort to use those possibilities.
Together with a number of other lawyers and those engaged in the notarial profession Martin Schiphorst moreover forms the branch group Real Estate. Martin Schiphorst frequently deals with the restructuring and refinancing of investment funds, including real estate funds as well as ship funds.
- Grotius specialization course (postgraduate training) Corporate law and Business law (2016: cum laude)
- Notarial law, University of Groningen (2003)
- Dutch law, major field private law, University of Groningen (2003)
- University of Wisconsin, Madison Law School (subjects taken: Introduction to American Law, Contracts I, Trial Advocacy) (2001)
- Member of the Association for Corporate Litigation
- Member of the Netherlands Lawyers’ Association (Nederlandse Juristenvereniging, NJV)
- Member of NAI Jong Oranje (NAI Young Arbitration Practitioners, a working group created by the Netherlands Arbitration Institute)