Lawyer/Member of the management board
Fast and focused on solution, sticks to his promises
Stefan Mak likes to make headway. He seeks solutions, but does not hesitate to force a solution if the situation requires him to do so. And Stefan Mak attaches value to honouring agreements.
Enterprises and finances
Stefan Mak has been a lawyer in the field of corporate law for more than twenty five years. At PlasBossinade he deals with mergers, takeovers, corporate spin-offs, financing and securities and the drafting of contracts for various forms of cooperation. Apart from that Stefan Mak focuses on the financial regulatory framework, which means that he gives advice on matters subject to the Financial Supervisory Act (rules for financial enterprises and prospectus, regulatory compliance) and on resolving disputes about, for example, financing, asset management, investment consultations, derivates and interest swap.
Branches in which Stefan Mak specifically operates include the maritime sector, industry, local authorities and housing corporations. Apart from that he is often involved in advising start-up enterprises in the IT, technical and pharmaceutical sectors.
At PlasBossinade Stefan Mak is the contact person for the cross-border practice with Germany, among others in close cooperation with the office of Von Einem & Partner in Bremen. On behalf of PlasBossinade he furthermore plays an active part in the International Lawyers Network, a worldwide alliance of law firms.
- Dutch law, University of Amsterdam (1989)
- Grotius Academie, Informatics law
- University of Amsterdam, Programme Financial Supervisory Act [Leergang Wft]
- Committee Member Business Parks Groningen Association [Bedrijvenvereniging WEST]
- Member Supervisory Board Newthex Ned B.V.
- Member of De Commerciële Club Groningen
- Member of the Society De Commanderie
- Member of the German-Dutch Lawyers’ Association
- Member of the Association for Securities Law