'Where the wild roses grow the abyss is near” is a popular quotation applicable to insolvency law.
As soon as people or enterprises threaten to run into financial problems the resilience of the law is tested. In that playing field Peter Fousert feels most at ease. Giving advice and conducting legal proceedings in the field of insolvency law in the broadest sense of the word. Take in mind not only enterprises in heavy weather and imminent liquidations, but also issues pertaining to financing and refinancing, securities and directors’ liability.
Apart from his work as a lawyer Peter Fousert acts as liquidator in larger and smaller scale liquidations and he has experience as administrator or silent administrator in moratoriums and pre-pack procedures.
- Socio economic and corporate law, University of Groningen
- Post academic training insolvency law, University of Groningen
- Insolvency law, Grotius Academie Nijmegen
- Financial economy for liquidators, Erasmus University Rotterdam
- Lecturer insolvency law at, among others, OSR (legal training) in Utrecht, where he takes care of part of the continuing traineeship education, a training for junior lawyers.
- Member of the Association of Insolvency lawyers [Vereniging van Insolventierechtadvocaten Insolad]
- Member of the advisory board Festival Hongerige Wolf
Register of jurisdictions
Peter Fousert has registered the following area(s) of law in the register of jurisdictions of the Dutch Bar Association (NOvA):
- Insolvency law
This registration obliges him to achieve ten training credits per calendar year in accordance with the standards of the Dutch Bar Association.