Privacy statement PlasBossinade Advocaten N.V.
This privacy statement applies to the following categories of natural persons of whom PlasBossinade processes personal data:
- clients or potential clients;
- visitors to the office building of PlasBossinade;
- visitors of the website of PlasBossinade;
- those who receive digital newsletters from PlasBossinade;
- participants in gatherings organised by PlasBossinade;
- all other persons who contact PlasBossinade or of whom PlasBossinade processes data, with the exception of its shareholders, employees and student-trainees;
- those who are interested in working at PlasBossinade (job alert).
2. Processing of personal data
PlasBossinade processes personal data which:
- are provided by the data subject himself (during a meeting or gathering), by phone or digitally (through e-mail or web forms on the office website), such as contact data and – dependent on the nature of the issue or case – other personal data;
- are provided by a legal expenses insurer, a professional liability insurer, a professional or branch association for the purpose of conducting a case;
- are generated during a visit of the data subject to the website of PlasBossinade or during his reading of digital newsletters, such as the IP-address, the surfing behaviour on the website, the pages looked at and the manner of navigating throughout the website, whether the data subject opens a digital newsletter or commercial e-mail and on which items thereof the data subject clicks;
- are recorded by camera images during a visit of the data subject to the office building of PlasBossinade. Outside the office building camera images are made, in order to know who are inside and to ensure that no unauthorised persons have access to the building. In principle camera images are not saved;
- PlasBossinade has collected from other sources, including business social medias such as LinkedIn, public business websites, the trade register of the Chamber of Commerce, the Cadastre, such as filled out and required contact data and other personal data.
- From applicants the following data are processed: contact data, education level, CV, motivation, list of marks and other data that are or could be of importance within the scope of the assessment regarding the suitability of the applicant, such as references, certificates and – on a voluntary basis – a passport photo.
- Upon signing up for the job alert through WhatsApp: first name, surname, e-mail address and/or 06-nuumber.
Cookies and hyperlinks
This website uses the following types of cookies:
- Functional cookies: which are necessary for a proper operation of the site or for example for recording your preferences or cookies which facilitate a chat talk;
- Google-analytics/cookies: We use this service to follow and receive reports about how visitors use the website. Google may provide this information to third parties if Google is required by law to do so or insofar third parties process the information on behalf of Google. We have no influence on this. We concluded a processing agreement with Google, we anonymised the last octet of your IP-address within Google Analytics and turned off ‘sharing data’, also for advertising purposes. We do not use any other Google services in combination with the Google Analytics cookies.
3. Purposes processing
PlasBossinade processes personal data for the following purposes:
- executing an agreement to provide legal services and the invoice for activities that have been performed;
- complying with a legal obligation, including the Money Laundering and Terrorism Financing Act;
- obtaining financed legal aid;
- maintaining contact, by sending the digital office newsletter, invitations for gatherings and information where the data subject himself has asked for;
- improving product and service information and carrying out specific marketing activities, to be able to provide relevant information to clients/target groups, without involving particular personal data or confidential data in the combination and analysis of the data needed for this purpose and without creating individual client profiles;
- evaluating a gathering (such a workshop or seminar), using evaluation forms filled out by the participants;
- improving the office website www.plasbossinade.nl;
- keeping records of user statistics. User statistics of the office website provide information about the numbers of visitors, the duration of the visit, which parts of the website are looked at and the click behaviour. These are generic reports which cannot be traced back to individual visitors;
- controlling access to the office and protecting confidential data;
- assessing the suitability for a temporary or permanent position;
- more specifically for the job alert: drawing attention to vacancies and (student)activities.
4. Legal ground
PlasBossinade processes personal data on the basis of one or more of the following legal grounds:
- consent of the data subject, which can be withdrawn at any time; the withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before the withdrawal;
- performance of an agreement to provide legal services, including invoicing to third parties (Legal Aid Council, insurance company and such);
- a legal obligation, for example based on the Money Laundering and Terrorism Financing Act and the Legal Aid Act which require lawyers to collect information and to record it;
- a legitimate interest, such as the use of contact data for invitations to a gathering (for example a workshop or a seminar) or for sending the office newsletter.
For the processing of personal data PlasBossinade may engage service providers (processors) who exclusively process personal data in accordance with the instructions of PlasBossinade. PlasBossinade concludes a processing agreement with the processors which meets the requirements laid down in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). PlasBossinade makes use of an IT expert who manages and secures the IT environment.
6. Sharing personal data with third parties
PlasBossinade shares personal data with third parties, if this is necessary for conducting a case or for complying with a legal obligation. For conducting a case it can be necessary to share personal data within the scope of legal proceedings (for example with a judicial body or the other party or the lawyer of the other party), or for concluding an agreement (with the other contracting parties or their lawyer), for invoicing the rendered services (such as invoices to the Legal Aid Council or an insurer) or within the scope of a court judgment (sharing data with the bailiff). Compliance with a legal obligation may include the reporting of unusual transactions to the supervisory authorities. PlasBossinade does not use your personal data for commercial purposes of third parties.
7. Transfer outside the EEA
In principle PlasBossinade does not transfer personal data to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Should this nevertheless be necessary, PlasBossinade ensures that transfer only takes place if the European Commission has indicated that the concerning country offers an adequate level of protection or if there are appropriate guarantees within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
8. Retaining data
PlasBossinade does not retain personal data any longer than is necessary. In principle PlasBossinade applies the following maximum retention periods:
- paper working file: 20 years after the case was settled;
- digital case file: 20 years after the case was settled;
- (financial-)administrative data: 7 years after the data were recorded;
- data of applicants: 4 weeks after completion of the application procedure or, if explicit consent has been given: 1 year after completion of the application procedure. If you have entered into temporary or permanent employment these data become part of the personnel file;
- job alert: until the moment of deregistration
- visitors of the website plasbossinade.nl: a maximum of 14 months in Google analytics;
- those who receive newsletters from PlasBossinade: a maximum of 1 year after deregistration or un-subscription for the newsletter, unless an objection has been put forward in which event the personal data will be destroyed.
9. Changes privacy statement
PlasBossinade may at all times change this privacy statement. The changes are published on the website of PlasBossinade. It is wise to consult this privacy statement regularly in order to become aware of possible changes.
10. Rights, questions and complaints
A data subject has the right to request PlasBossinade to grant him access to his personal data, to rectify, delete or transmit them and to limit the processing and he has the right to object against the processing. In this respect a subject data can contact PlasBossinade by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also if there are questions about the manner in which PlasBossinade processes personal data you can contact PlasBossinade by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. Should there be complaints you can contact the complaints officer (firstname.lastname@example.org). We shall endeavour to resolve the problem satisfactorily. If we should not be able to do so, you can turn to the Personal Data Authority.